Saturday, September 5, 2009

Shark teeth hunting

We decided to go on a little family adventure today, partly because of begging from Miles, down to a creek by our house. Miles remembers, he has a memory like an elephant, that about two years ago he went down their with Grant and they found some shark teeth. He wanted to find some more so we went. Miles and Shelbie excitingly rode their bikes and Grant and I walked along with Coral in the stroller. It was a lot of fun and we did actually find some more teeth and a couple fossils for our collection. Once again I was hoping deep down that this walk and adventure would help put me in labor, but again no such luck!
Above is the kids looking for a good spot to search for "treasures".
A lot of mornings lately Coral and I have been walking Shelbie to VPK (because it's across the street from our neighborhood). Shelbie rides her bike and I push Coral in the stroller. She loves to take her baby with her for the ride. Today when we headed out she reminded me that she needed to get to baby, I love it!
Shelbie holding up her sharks tooth that she found.
Miles with one of his sharks teeth.
Grant, as always, finds creatures wherever he goes and today was no exception. Right away he found this little lobster in the creek. I guess once a hunter always a hunter :)




2 comments:

Becky Leland said...

your kids LOVE treasure hunts!!!

see y'all soon - waiting for your labor call!!!

Tillia said...

You are a trooper, How do you do it. I would be so cranky and miserable I wouldn't even think of goimg out in the HOT florida sun for a "treasure" hunt. You are an awesome Mommy.

Little baby cooper PLEASE come out soon!!!!!