Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Coral's visit to MaMa and Big Daddy's

After Fisher's birthday my mom and dad took Coral home with them for a week.  Coral and my mom have been talking about this for a while now and since they were already coming down for Fisher's bday it just kindof worked out.  She, of course, had a blast with my mom and dad's full attention.  Every time I would talk to her on the phone she would tell me she loved me but that she wanted to stay with MaMa, so much with me worrying that she'd be homesick :)
I definitely missed my Coral but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I was able to get a lot done in her absence.  I totally redid Miles and Fishers room while she was gone and am so pleased with it.  I had to scrap a lot of the old paint off, then prime and paint the walls.  Then I sanded and painted his bed and his dresser.  I also framed some of his art work and recovered his picture board.  I got some material for a new bed spread and took my mom up with the offer for her to make the bed spread.  I will post some pictures of the room as soon as I finish up a few small details.
Below are some pictures of Coral visit.  Thanks to my mom for taking such cute pictures.
She loved to lay on this big dog of my mom's.
She loves to color!She fell asleep on the dog one evening while my mom was cooking dinner.
Coral loves Big Daddy and loved sitting in his lap.  If you look closely you can see her rubbing my dads arm.  My dad said that she liked to rub the hair on his arms.  So cute!  In this picture she is watching Dora and since my dad was not really to interested in Dora he feel asleep.
Here she is getting spoiled at the mall on the little rides.
Tucked in my parents bed watching cartoons.
Coral got these material scraps and had my mom help her tye them all over her arms and legs.  She called them her bracelets.  She even brought them home with her in a bag and told me all about her "bracelets".  What a crack up!  She really does have a fun personality.
My mom found this adorable baby bunk bed at a garage sale of a friend of hers.  She was so sweet to get it for Coral and Shelbie.  She even made them a mattress and baby blankets and pillows.  As you can tell from the picture Coral is so thrilled with it!My mom won't be able to make it back to my house for Coral's birthday in a few weeks so she just threw her a little early party.  All Coral has talked about for months is having a Curious George birthday cake.  My mom is awesome and her and Coral made a monkey cake.  She also wrapped up a few small presents for her to open up.  Coral called me after the party and she was so cute and excited on the phone to tell me all about it.  I am so glad that she got this special time with MaMa and Big Daddy.  I want to thank my parents so much, but also warn them cause Miles and Shelbie are already talking about when it's going to be there turn to go :) 

2 comments:

Becky Leland said...

We had so much fun with this little girl - she loved being spoiled by us for a week.

Tillia said...

I am so jealous!! I need to figure out a way for my kids to get to do this with Mother and Daddy!! They have done it with brian's parents bc he goes there for work all the time!!! I am going to figure this out!!!

she looks so cute in all these pictures!!!!