The last Sunday in December was Coral's last Sunday to ever be in Nursery at church. She has been excited to be able to move up to primary with Miles and Shelbie for some time now. Well, I should have figured with Coral being who she is and all that she would have made a grand exit. So here's what happened: the last two minutes of Nursery she was standing on this plastic stool, even though she had been told not to stand on it, and while jumping off of the stool it fell out from under her and she took a hard fall to the ground. This freak accident turned into blood gushing everywhere and a lot of hysterical kids and adults. I was called into there right away and it was quite the scene. I kept telling myself that the mouth bleeds a lot and it would all be ok. I really don't think Coral was in much pain she was more upset that I was blotting her mouth and trying to contain the blood. At one point she was telling me to stop cause she wanted to go play. I thought to myself, I think you've done enough "playing" for one day! So at first we thought that she had busted her lip really bad and lost a tooth by swallowing it cause we couldn't find a tooth anywhere in the Nursery floor. The next day when she would actually let us look at her mouth good we realized that there were two teeth missing, oh dear. Well, it took a good week for her lip to heal and now our precious Coral has a big gap in her upper mouth. We now think that maybe the teeth got pushed up into her gums and hopefully will come back down on their own. We're going to wait it out a little while and see what happens. So, the story continues and hopefully next Christmas she won't need to sing, "All I want for Christmas is my two top teeth back!"
Above is her the next day with her big lip. Below is a picture of inside her mouth the next day. Sorry if it grosses you out but it was pretty bad.And here is my sweet Coral now with her two teeth missing smile :)
4 comments:
Oh my gosh Stacie...that is so horrible! Ed could barely look! I'm glad she is healing and is as cute as ever!!!
Something similar happened to Lucy... she fell against a chair and knocked one of her two front teeth back up into her gum. It did eventually come back down. It's still slightly discolored, but you really can't tell. It happened when she was two, and she's seven now, and still hasn't lost it. (She should... any time now, cause well, she's 7!)
Funny thing about Lucy though... when she was three, her brother knocked out the other of her two front teeth on the top. So she's been toothless for going on four years now. I'm glad she managed to keep the one that was originally injured!
I hope your little feels better soon!
Whoa! That about did me in- oh my poor baby!! I am soooo glad you posted the last photo of the smile or woulda had nightmares! Hope she is feeling all the way back to normal soon :) Luv ya'll-
I can't hardly look at this second picture. I LOVE this little girl so much - so sorry she got hurt!
Post a Comment