Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring Break Highlights and Not So Highlights...

Ok, so let's start with the highlights - The kids and I went up to North Carolina for Spring Break with my parents.  We did some of our favorite things while we were there.  Some of those include a visit to the bounce house, baking brownies with MaMa, cuddling up watching cartoons, playing outside (even though it was chilly for us Florida folk), lunch at Chick-fil-a, celebrating Shelbie's birthday, a memorable visit to Saluda, NC the small town that I grew up in, and ice cream at Piggy's.
* Bounce House
* Eating brownie mix
 * Cartoons
 * Fisher LOVES Brooms

 * Playing down by the creek near my parents house
 * Shelbie's birthday cake that she designed herself

 * Ice cream cones at Chick-fil-a
 * The house I grew up in (plus some updates that they have done since we moved out)

 * The old Thompson Store downtown Saluda - I spent my childhood going in this small town grocery store and grill


*Piggy's
* Shelbie with some of her birthday gifts

So on to the Not So Highlights...
*On the way home, five hours from home, my car broke down on the highway.  Thankfully Grant found the number to a church near by and the branch Presidents wife came and picked me and the kids up from the side of the road.  She then took us to get something to eat and back to her house for 5 hours until Grant could make it up to South Carolina with a car trailer to pick us and the car up.  We then drove home and got home at 3:30 in the morning.  Crazy day but definitely thankful for all the help we received!

3 comments:

Tillia said...

Okay. I want to do all the same stuff when we have girls weekend!!! But i really want to ask if we can get a tour of our old house. Is that crazy, I have wanted to do that for years. Maybe I will just have the courage this yr. How cool would it be to see the inside. I love all the pictures and shelbie is wearing some really cute dresses ( of course I would notice the clothes) I miss you like crazy. Love you bunches.
As far as who is favorite, you know the truth even if it is hard for you to accept. :):) but hey at least you are MY favorite even if you arent Daddys.

Candice said...

I LOVE the highlights- and yeah, not so fond of the "NOT so highlights" - stinker! Glad there was a nice couple to keep you safe! I know you are busy crazy right now- we are thinking of you!!

Kerri said...

You should have called us, we aren't too far from SC and would have come to get you ;)