Monday, February 15, 2010
The love of stuffed animals!
Growing up I truly loved and cherished my stuffed animals, most of them teddy bears. I would asked to be tucked in my bed at night by being surrounded with probably 20 or more animals. They all had names and spoke to me and I spoke back. They were great friends and a great way to use my imagination. I tell you all this to show that it is no surprise to me that my children love their animals as well. It actually warms my heart to see them carrying around their animals and playing with them; it brings back fond memories of my childhood. Miles probably loves his animals the most and has ever since he was a baby. He used to carry around this white teddy bear when he was 9 months old and was just learning to walk (yes he walked at 9 1/2 to 10 months). Now a days there is webkinz and my kids, especially Miles, are in love. I can't blame him though cause if there had been a virtual world on the computer for my animals when i was young I would have been all over that. Sometimes I sit and play with the kids and thoroughly enjoy it. Just the other day Miles and Shelbie wanted me to take some pictures of all of their webkinz, so we had a little animal photo shoot.
Above is Coral getting in on the action. As soon as she saw Miles and Shelbie taking pictures with their animals she went to find some of hers and happily posed and smiled for the camera.
Shelbie with her webkinz.
Miles' webkinz. He actually has one more webkinz, which is his favorite, a lizard. The lizard was lost for about a month and was just found two days ago after this picture was taken. I can't even tell you the happiness that exploded out of him when his lizard was found. For a whole month when I picked him up from school he would asked me if I had found his lizard. The whole family was so happy cause we have all looked for it for so long. I would even dream about where it might be and get up in the middle of the night and go look cause I couldn't sleep. We said many prayers that we could find him and our prayers were answered. It was so precious when we found him Miles said his prayers that night and thanked Heavenly Father for helping us to find him. I have to add a quick note that I find him in the corner of our pantry stuffed behind some rice. Needless to say our suspensions were correct that Coral had hidden it. Anyways, it was found and all is good in our house. Now Shelbie is missing one of hers so the hunt is on to find where Coral hid rabbit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes, I remember how you LOVED your animals.
Coral and Shelbie are soooo cute and I can't wait to see them and Miles and Fisher too. Love these kids!
Post a Comment