Saturday, June 19, 2010

Graduation

At the beginning of June Shelbie had her graduation from VPK. Her school put on a great show and Shelbie did a great job singing and saying her part. I think that she could have said just about everyone's part because for the two weeks prior to the program she would come home and tell me so and so's part. I think that her class practiced there parts every morning so she just picked up on it. It was so cute during the program cause I could see her mouthing other parts :) She has such a sweet disposition and is a true joy to be around. She is so ready for Kindergarten and it's going to be hard to make it through the summer cause she is already asking every day when Kindergarten starts. I love this girl! Shelbie is my second mommy at home and I'm really going to miss her nest year when she's at school all day.
Me and my girl!
Shelbie and her teacher Ms. Vicky. We have just loved her teacher this year and she has learned so much. She is already reading short words and has a great grasp on letter sounds and sounding out words. Ms. Vicky was a pretty strict and on task teacher and was exactly what Shelbie needed.


I wanted to include a picture of My Miles so here's one of him at his last day of school party. Miles really grew a lot this year. His teacher's, Mrs. Johnson and Mrs. Meert, were so great! Now I'm not going to say that there weren't rough spots here and there, cause there definitely were, but over all we made it through! Miles made it all the way to the highest reading level for 1st grade and he did well with his math also. He still loves art and illustrated quite a few stories this year (they were so cute and mostly about his stuff animals - he is so like his mother that way). My boy is growing up so fast and getting so tall. 2nd grade here he comes - ready or not :)




1 comment:

Becky Leland said...

yes, you are going to miss Shelbie when school starts - she is such a sweet helper and soooo cute!

Miles is geting very tall and sooo full of energy!!!