Saturday, June 19, 2010

Water Play on a Hot Day

WEll, it's been a good 99 to 100 degrees, or hotter, every day down here in good ole Florida. Now, that's not even factoring in humidity so I don't even want to think about what the temp. would be with that factored in. We have been doing our best to stay cool with water activities and trips to friends pools. This day we set up the slip n slide and buckets of water.

Coral has been so funny lately and she is definitely going through a new fase. She used to be fearless and love to swim in the ocean, pools, beach, anything. Now she gets so excited about going swimming but then refuses to even get in the water. These buckets of water are perfect for her I guess and maybe not as intimidating, funny girl. she has also started to follow me around the house and ask me at least a hundred times a day, "What you doin, Ma?" A few more Coralisms are: "Ha, Ha, so funny guys" (as she shakes her hips back and forth), "I stomp my foot at you" (says this when she's mad cause I've told her no she can't do something), "My tummy so hun-ge, Ma" (as she rubs her tummy). You might have noticed that she call me Ma a lot. When she calls me that it makes me think about Little House on The Prairie, one of my all time favorite shows.
Needless to say she is definitely my challenge right now and I hope we make it through all right and in one piece. Just since I started this post I have had to stop her from drawing on our house, a really big problem lately, and I had to clean her up and the carpet from painting herself with glue. I have also cleaned up numerous other messes of her this morning, heaven help me. I told my mom this morning that I fell like she needs to come with a warning label sometimes that says, "Warning, Does Not Play Well With Others! May hit, pinch, scratch, or scream and. Do not be alarmed! Is still very cute and needs love and a lot of attention!"




Miles is still not to old to play in a big water bucket.
Fisher and cousin Samantha. I got the pleasure of having Samantha stay with us for a few days this week. She was such a joy and played so well with everyone. we love you Samantha. I must add that she is so tan right now that Fisher looks really white.






2 comments:

Becky Leland said...

LOVE the pictures - these kids are growing up way too fast!

Tillia said...

Coral looks so much like you and for that reason alone I love her the MOST!! I can't wait to see you ALL!!!!!!!!

VERY cute post and VERY cute kids!!!!