Tuesday, December 7, 2010

30 minute rolls

We have been thinking a lot lately about food storage and WHEAT.  You see I don't ever make homemade bread because I LOVE homemade bread and if I made it often I would eat bread and bread and probably more bread.  I'm sure this would not be to good for my figure so I just don't make it.   Well, Grant wanted to order a hand wheat grinder cause if the power went out we would need to be able to grind our on wheat without electricity.  So this hand wheat grinder came in the mail last night and Grant, and even the kids, went to grinding.  In the meantime I had just seen this 30 minute rolls recipe the other night while looking up food storage recipes.  After Grant ground the wheat I decided to go ahead and try out the recipe.
Well, It turned out pretty good other then the fact that I had to add at least two extra cups of flour to the recipe cause it was just two sticky with the orginal recipe.  Since I had to add so much extra it made HUGE rolls.  They were suppost to be all whole wheat rolls but since I had to add so much extra flour I ran out of the flour that Grant had ground so I started to add white flour until it seemed to be the right consistenty.
Overall, it was a fun experience and I'm sure I'll be using the recipe again.  I might be using these huge rolls as sandwich buns for the kids lunches.


1 comment:

Becky Leland said...

those are some YUMMY GRANDADDY rolls and CUTE kids!