Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A BIG DAY!

Miles' birthday this year fell on a Saturday and so Sat. Feb. 19th Miles turned 8 years old and got to be baptized.  He was so excited and we were so blessed to have so many family and friends come into town for the big event!  It was such a beautiful and spiritual event and Miles has never sat so still or concentrated so well as he did during the baptism. We asked Miles to plan the program and he was so excited to get to pick the speakers, pianist, chorister, special musical number, and prayers. Below are some pictures of sweet Miles before the baptism.
Grant (Daddy) and Miles above & Stacie (Mommy) and Miles below :)

Grandma and Grandpa Cooper & Big Daddy and MaMa with Miles.
Aunt TT and Evelyn (Miles' best buddy in the whole wide world) made the big trip from Utah for a few days just for Miles.  It was so great to have them there.  One of my brothers, Edwin, also made the trip over from Texas and we were all so happy to get to see him.  All of Grants siblings were also there with there families.  I just can't say enough how great and special it was to have everyone there!
Above is Miles standing in front of the baptism font and he's showing the camera his new CTR (Choose the Right) ring that he got from one of his Aunts/Uncles for his birthday.
After the baptism we had our family come back to our house for lunch and a little party for Miles.  Here's Miles with his number 8 cupcake and a new webkinz given to him by Evelyn.
When all the festivities were over for the day and everyone had left my mom took Evelyn and Miles to the movies.  When Miles got home he came threw the door and came straight to me and said, "This is the best day EVER!"  He was so sincere and I wish I could have frozen that moment in time for just a while longer.  However, little did he know that he still had a few gifts to open.  He was so excited to get his own set of scriptures and a few other things from his grandparents.  He has been asking to read in his scriptures every day since then.  I feel like he really did grow a MILE today!

2 comments:

Tillia said...

I loved being there and I am so glad we came!!! He is so special to me!!!

Becky Leland said...

VERY SPECIAL day - I love this sweet boy!