This past Wednesday through Friday (just got back in last night) was the annual Cooper Girls Weekend. Ever since I've been married I've had the privilege of getting to go with Grants mom and 3 sisters and brothers wife and all the girl grand kids on a two night, three day getaway they call Girls Weekend. As far as grand kids go there's pretty much 3 to 1 girls and counting. This year, and most of the years in the past, we went to St. Augustine. We have many traditions, most of them very silly but very fun, such as :going to The Dollar General and Dollar Tree stores, lunch at Wendy's, getting food for a picnic at Publix and then taking it to the beach, hanging out at the beach and motel pool, a scavenger hunt, and shopping. We always have so much fun and its always nice to get away with just us girls. Miles hung out with Grant and they actually had an adventure of there own. They went out on a friend of Grants commerical fishing boat and went fishing and spent the night out on the boat. They actually came in early because a storm was coming in. Grant said that Miles did so good and he was so proud of him. The seas were a little rough and Miles was throwing up some, but he never complained and hung in their like a true fisherman. He had some tails to tell and he was excited that he got to go with daddy.
Below are some pictures of Girls Weekend. Grant didn't get any of Miles cause I had the camera.

Here is one of my favorite ones of Coral. I was so excited that this bow, that Grandma had gotten all the girls, actually fit in her hair. I also love her in blue because of her big blue eyes.
Below is Shelbie and one of her favorite activities at the beach. If I would have let her she would have stayed in the tube all day and let the waves crash in on her. She is fearless and every time a wave would come and carry her over it she would laugh with pure joy, it was so much fun to watch, but also a little scary.


Coral loves her snacks, especially her cheerios. It's so nice that she's starting to be able to eat so much more.

This is a picture of the whole group with our matching t-shirts at Publix. We were quite a sight and got a lot of questions, but that's part of the fun.
Here is Shelbie and cousin Samantha about 5 minutes after we got in the car to drive home. One minute they were talking and the next minute they were both passed out. That's exactly how I felt too. Thanks to all the Cooper Girls for a great Girls Weekend.
2 comments:
That looks so fun!!!! Coral is killin' me, what a cutie! I can't wait to see you but i would really enjoy a pool and some AC for the outside. I am seriously worried about the heat. I hope I am not a total b****! Love you!
It looks like you had fun. I love Girls weekends...it's nice to get together and bond. Glad you had fun:)
Post a Comment