A couple of months ago, or more, Miles begged Grant to build a birdhouse. So Grant got together some old plywood that we had and the two of them, with a little of Shelbie's help, built the birdhouse that you see below. We hung it in the back yard with a bungee cord from the branch of a palm tree. It's pretty pitiful, we know, but Miles was excited. He would always go and check on it every day and would be a little sad when he never saw a bird using it. I would tell him that sometimes they might use it but we just don't look at the right time. In the back of my mind I was thinking, "That is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen and no bird will ever use that." Well, oh me of little faith! One day Miles came running inside telling us that their was a nest inside the birdhouse. We were shocked to say the least, but very happy for our boy. Just tonight Miles checked on his beloved birdhouse and was thrilled to find a tiny baby egg inside. Once again we were shocked. I'm sure he'll be checking on the birdhouse a lot to see what happens next. Below are a picture of Miles with the birdhouse and a picture of inside the house of the nest with the tiny egg. You have to look really close to see the little white egg in the nest.
So, I guess that my children have taught me once again to be more like a little child and have a little faith!
3 comments:
I love this look - and this sweet little boy!
I think the bird house looks pretty good! It is so nice when children can see the fruits of their labor!
WOW!! Awesome- what a neat experience for all of you :)
Post a Comment