Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

I hope everyone had as great a Thanksgiving weekend as we did! I guess it's not over yet it just feels like it should be cause the kids have been out of school for so long. However, us gator fans will be finishing up the long weekend by defeating FSU tomorrow which will really make for a great Thanksgiving :)
This year we had a small Thanksgiving with just our little, yet not so little I suppose, family. We spent lots of quality family time together, cooked dinner together, played some tennis, built our first fire including roasting marshmallows, and watched the parade and even some movies. I even got to go shopping on Friday which I actually enjoy. I know it sounds crazy to get up at 4 am but there's nothing like searching for a good deal and mostly observing all the chaos that goes on. I did, however, manage to get some great Christmas presents for the kids and have a wonderful morning to myself ( and thousand of other crazy people like me). I even walked by this hair salon that was in one of the shopping centers I was at and got my hair cut. How's that for spur of the moment craziness. I've actually been wanting to get a cut for a while and I'm pretty pleased with it, Yea...
Here are a few pictures from our weekend.
Fisher asleep for all of about two minutes in his car seat.
SOOO... cute!
It's so hard to get a picture of Fisher smiling. He loves to smile at me when I'm talking to him but as soon as I bust out the camera he just stares at it with a serious face. This is one of the rare pictures I have been able to get of him grinning.
The kids have never played tennis before and ever since they found some rackets in the garage a few days ago they have been begging to go. We decided to make it a fun family outing and test out our tennis skills. Grant and I started out by playing a quick game to demonstrate. It was really cute cause Shelbie was cheering for me and Miles was cheering for Grant. In case your wondering Grant came from behind to pull off a win by one point. Above is Miles trying to learn how to play. He actually did pretty good for his first try at it.
Coral being silly playing in Fishers car seat.
Shelbie got a little frustrated at the tennis courts cause she was having a hard time hitting the ball. I let her go and have her moment, which is pictured above. She then asked me to put the camera away and she would give it another try.
Fisher hanging out in his crib.
Shelbie snuggling Fisher, which she does numerous times in a day!
Fisher is just getting so big so fast! Notice his double chin :)










4 comments:

Tillia said...

I love the one of Shelbie. Looks like you had a good Thanksgiving, wish you had been with us!!! I love you tons!!!

E. Cater Leland, Jr. said...

This is crazy - every time you post, the kids are bigger! Little Mr. Fisher is growing way too fast.So happy y'all had such a nice Thanksgiving.

E. Cater Leland, Jr. said...

I have no idea why Daddy's name came up on my comment! Do you?

Becky Leland said...

Okay, if Daddy's name comes up again - help me!!!

Mother