Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Tree

Last week we put our Christmas Tree up. The kids were so excited from start to finish. It was so nice to have such good little helpers. Miles and Shelbie pretty much did the whole thing by themselves except for the lights (I'm really obsessed with getting the lights right). We have one of those old timely trees that you have to put together limb by limb so it takes a while, but they never gave up! The tree might not be the prettiest one around but every time I pass it it makes me smile and think of them. You should have seen the excitement in there faces when it was all done. Shelbie said it was the most beautiful tree she had ever seen. I have to agree with her because we did it together!
Seeing the world through the eyes of a child makes everything more beautiful and more exciting. I'm so glad that my kids remind me to do that more often!



1 comment:

Becky Leland said...

love the tree - Miles and Shelbie look so proud of their decorating.