I was so proud of Miles for climbing up this big rock wall at the YMCA Healthy Kids Day Festival on Saturday. He actually did really well and once he realized that you could let go and the cord would catch him all he wanted to do was climb up and let go so he'd float down. Shelbie saw this, of course, and had to try it. You only had to weigh 30 lbs so she gave it a try. She got up about 2/3 of the way and smiled in delight as she let go and floated down. I had to force her to take the harness of and give someone else a turn.
The second Festival we went to was this Farm Festival at this local historial farm. We saw 2 day old baby lambs, lots of chickens, cows, etc. In this picture Shelbie is very interested in the chickens. She stuck her fingers through the fence a few times and the chickens nibbled at her, but she just smiled.
I'll have to admit that I was pretty worn out at the end of the morning because I had taken the kids al by myself, however, it was well worth the effort.
1 comment:
well aren't you Mom of the year!
Post a Comment