We went out of town for dinner tonight and on our way home we saw two deer in the forest on the side of the road. We pulled over and let the kids get a closer look at them. Then they ran away and Grant took Miles and Shelbie on a walk in the forest to see if they could see where they went, I guess you could call it a family home evening activity. When they got back to the car a few minutes later Miles said that he loved that forest. Then a few minutes down the road this conversation happened:
Miles: Maybe one day we can go to that forest again and see the deer again.
Grant: Maybe one day we can take a gun and shoot a deer and take it home and eat the good meat.
Miles: YEA, maybe we could take a gun and shoot it and eat the good meat!
Shelbie: YEA, I like good meat!
a few minutes later:
Miles: I'm so impressed.
Shelbie: I'm so impressed.
Stacie: What are you impressed with?
Miles: With that deer and it's good meat.
Shelbie: Meat for me, I love meat.
a few seconds later:
Miles: Daddy we need to get your spear gun and shoot the deer. That's the only gun we have.
Shelbie: Where did Bambi go?
this conversation continued almost the whole way home and Grant and I were cracking up. I guess we've at least taught our kids that eating animals is good. So much for our kids having any sympathy for
Nemo or Bambi.
1 comment:
I love your kids!!!!
Post a Comment