Monday, August 18, 2008

Miles 1st Day At Kindergarten

Miles has been so excited to start kindergarten for over 6 months now and the day finally came when he got to go. The whole family went to walk him in on his first day and say our goodbyes. He was so grown up and showed no emotion about us leaving him. He helped me make his lunch this morning and was glad when I told him that I forgot to bring him a drink for lunch because that meant that I got to put money in his lunch box for him to buy some chocolate milk. I managed to get a few pictures, but he did say to me, "Mommy, I'm at school. no pictures."
Me and my big boy!
Coral is always so chill and goes with the flow.
Below is Shelbie in all of her sad and pouting glory. She was devastated when Miles got to go to school and she didn't. She is going to a joy school/preschool two days a week, but that doesn't start for a few weeks. It was an extra blow when we went to play group this morning after we dropped Miles off and her cousin Samantha wasn't their cause she started V-PK today. Sad Sad Shelbie. She even carried her backpack around with her most of the day.
When I picked Miles up here are a few of the details that I got about his day:
"That is the best school ever. My teacher is really nice. The PE teachers name is Ms. Coach. We did exercises in PE and got to play with a parachute. We made play dough and then got to play with it. I did an art project and left it at school. I played with marbles. I learned not to be naughty. We played on the playground, but not the one that I wanted to play on so I was upset. I ate lunch in a restaurant. I learned a song (and then he preceded to sing it to me). Shelbie you need to go to that school (thanks Miles, but that really doesn't help!) I love my school and it is totally awesome."
I guess you could say that he had a good day. Wish me luck dealing with Shelbie cause I have a feeling that she's going to be sad, or "not happy" as she would put it, for a while.

4 comments:

Becky Leland said...

I'm so glad that Miles LOVES his new school - he's sooooo cute!

I can just hear Shelbie say - "I not so happy right now" - too much!

Coral is always smiling and happy!

Cute kids - love y'all!

Tillia said...

That is so sad about Shelbie. i wish she could come to aunt tt's house and play with Leland.

I love all the stuff Miles said, I bet he is so cute. Kindergarden really is the best.

Anonymous said...

Stacie,
I am so excited for Miles- he is a big boy now!! :) But poor Shelbie- we are in the same boat with Porter- it's tough!! Good luck! Luv ya- Candy

Wanda said...

Stacie---the kids are so cute --Miles seems to be growing up way too fast ! But I agree that little Shelbie looks so sad---her day will come,however--and of course Coral is an angel ! Miss You !!!
Aunt Wondo