Sunday, August 10, 2008

An Overdue Day of Diving.

Yesterday I was so excited to get back out on the water again for a whole day. It's really hard to get someone to watch the kids all day long so I'm not able to go diving very much. I really enjoy being under water and seeing a whole different world down there. Thanks to Grandma Cooper and my niece Morgan I was able to go with Grant and a few others. the kids had a blast and I don't think that they missed me for a second. I do get a little motion sick, but with some deep breathing and focusing on the horizon I can tough it out.
The picture below is a stringer, sorry that you can't see it that well, of 5 Hog fish. On one of the dives that I went down with Grant I borrowed one of the other guys spear gun and Grant helped point out which fish to shoot for and then let me go at it. It was a lot of fun having your own gun to hold and shoot at fish. I'm still not good at all the regulations about how big certain fish need to be before you can shoot them so lucky I had Grant there to help me out. Grant pretty much helped me all day long on the boat when I wasn't felling so well and I love him so much for taking care of me. We cooked up a few of the Hog fish today and it was so good, especially knowing that I shot it just 24 hours ago.

The sun was going down right when we were starting to head back in and it was so beautiful!

3 comments:

Becky Leland said...

Stacie, Glad you had so much fun - sorry you get alittle sick. I know that I would be sick.

The sun set is soooo beautiful and so are you!

Love you.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! You are sooooooooo amazing!! I am so lucky to be your cousin :) What an awesome day, and I definitely agree with your mamma- you are beautiful!! Have a great day!
Love ya- Candy :)

Tillia said...

Way to go, I really want the fish but I'll let you kill them. I don't like to kill the poor fishes,love you tons!!!