Saturday, November 8, 2008

Fall Arts Festival

The kids and I had a great time at the Fall Arts Festival downtown today! We were there for 4 1/2 hours, including taking a break for lunch. The kids got to draw with chalk on the ground, paint a picture, make a button, fish for trash and recyclables, make crazy hats, and watch a circus show. I was worn out by the time I got home but it was lots of fun and it's always fun to see the kids having a good time and using there creativity!
Below are a few shots of the day.
Here is Miles and his self designed crazy hat. He kept going back and back until he got it just right in his opinion. After he was done he was so proud of himself and he had to tell me all about what it was and how it "worked". I love this kids creativity and imagination!
Above is Coral creating her first masterpiece, with a little help from Mommy. After she realized what she was doing it was all I could do to keep her from sticking her whole hand in the paint cup and going to town.
Shelbie loves painting and today she concentrated hard to get the picture just right. Notice she's wearing her crazy hat that Mommy helped her make that has two hearts on the top, per her request.
Miles and Shelbie had a lot of fun drawing with the chalk. At one point they got one of the student volunteers to lay down and they traced around him to make an outline of a person (a big thanks to the volunteers who were really great with the kids). Above is Miles working on his flower.



1 comment:

Tillia said...

Love the hats, that looks like a fun festival