Monday, March 15, 2010

Soccer has started.

Soccer has finally started at our house and the kids couldn't be more excited. Miles and Shelbie have asked to play soccer for almost a year and the wait was over last week. They wanted to play so bad that they were even willing to pay for their own shoes, shin guards, and socks. Don't worry I of course found them a sweet deal. The reason behind having them pay for their stuff them self was in an effort to see if they really did want to play.
So, Miles started practice last Wednesday and Shelbie actually starts on the 27th. I thought that she started on Sat. but I read the paper wrong and she was so sad. When even got suited up and went to the practice field and no one was there. We decided to just go home and have our own practice. Coral has even got the soccer bug and gets so excited when she gets to play.

Below is Shelbie in our yard practicing. Isn't she so cute with her pink and black cleats, and pink socks. Yes they are a little big but she could care less. I have nick named her "The Pink Powerhouse". (As a side not she got out on the field with Miles' team tonight at his practice, cause they needed another player, and she actually scored a goal. You go girl! At one point Miles was out on the field looking a little confused and Grant preceded to ask him which goal he was trying to get it in. He had not a clue until Shelbie told him, so funny.)



Miles posing for the camera showing off his cleats and orange socks.
Grant and I spent most of the practice chasing Coral around trying to stop her from taking all the cones on the field away. Above is a picture of my attempt to try and distract her for a few seconds so she would forget about the cones. Anybody for a game of Peek-A-Boo!

Shelbie and Coral practicing their skills while Miles practiced with his team for the first time last week.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, Miles is growing up WAY too fast :)!!

Tillia said...

I can't believe you made them pay for their stuff-you are so silly :)
I love you!!!

Becky Leland said...

I can not wait to see these cutie's!