It's amazing how 10 years can go by so fast! On Friday July 24th I had been married to my wonderful, and I mean wonderful, husband for 10 great years and almost 4 kids. When thinking about our 10 year anniversary I was thinking about how Grant and I had known each other ever since we were 16 and 14 years old, but that we had only spent about 30 days together when we got married. We lived in different states and really only communicated by letters and very few visits over the course of 5 years. There's something to said about letters though cause you really try to come up with meaningful things to say about yourself when your writing a letter.
Ok back to my point, which was that once we were married over the course of the years I really didn't feel like I knew him any better, we have just been through more things together. I have learned that I love him no matter what our faults are, and believe me I have many. He is truly my soul mate and totally gets me. Who knows if over the course of the next 10 or 20 or 30 years I will really "know" him any better than I do right now. However, I do KNOW that my love for him will only grow and I can't wait to see what is in store for us over the coming years. I know that things and life will not be perfect but with him by my side that is as perfect as I need life to be.
So, I love you baby and happy anniversary! Thanks for being you and loving me and always being there for me and the kids!
PS - Just to put it out there, I know that I'm pregnant but I'm tearing up right now just thinking about this post. I hope this wasn't to mushy for everyone.
3 comments:
Wow- I love how you said what you did- I'm gonna print this post and read it often, very beautiful. Really sums up what it means to be married- thanks!
Ahhhh so sweet I might throw up. You are a lucky girl, I just wish he would move u to Utah and them we coils live in the same town. I know I am NOT moving to Florida hahaha(maybe the beach but definitely not Gainesville)
I love you and I am happy for u. Woo hoo 10 years and counting
This is really mushy for you- but very sweet!
I will always remember your anniversity - my birthday!!! and driving the RV from HELL to Florida and back home!!!
I sure did'nt pay for that RV!!!
Post a Comment