Here's the cooler of Scallops right before we started to clean them.
Poor Coral started to get a little to much sun so we put one of our adult swim shirts on her. She looked so funny but didn't seem to mind to much. For the rest of the trip we started to call her"E.T." She is really a good sport!
Shelbie and Coral hanging out on the front of the boat while we were anchored up and searching for scallops. They were so cute sitting there just looking out on the water.One of the couple that we invited on the boat with us wanted to give pole spearfishing a try so we told him to look for a mullet fish cause you can eat those. Well he did a good job spearing a fish but it didn't turn out to be a mullet. It was actually a fish that you really don't want to eat, but sad to say he was good and injured and wasn't going to survive. This gave Grant an idea to let the kids try out there spearfishing skills on the all ready dying fish. I know this sounds really cruel but the kids were so excited to get to spear the fish on there own, mostly, and hopefully we were able to put him out of his misery a little quicker. So, the picture above and below is Miles and Shelbie spearing their first fish. Sorry little fishy you sacrificed your life for our children's entertainment and spearfishing enjoyment!


4 comments:
how awesome . at least the fish didn't go to total waste:)
poor little fishy!
I'm glad ya'll enjoyed the 4th so much and got to go out on the boat.
That's SUPER cool!!!
So sad little fishy!!! I know the kids had a good time and I wish I had some of your awesome scallop pasta!!
Post a Comment