Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day 2 at Dollywood

When we woke up Wednesday morning and looked at the forecast it wasn't good news. It was supposed to rain all day long, however, with our positive attitudes and good vibes we went to Dollywood anyway. The day turned out to be perfect weather. It sprinkled a little on and off all day but nothing big enough to stop us from doing anything and in reality it kept it nice and cool. The kids had a blast and they were so excited to ride the rides. Shelbie and Leland weren't quite tall enough to ride the big rides but they made due and got on about everything that they could. Shelbie was so funny cause while on the ride would act completely terrified but when she got off she would either say lets do it again or she would say that it was OK, but she wasn't going to ride it again.
I felt pretty helpless all day long cause I couldn't ride a darn thing, but neither could Ruby and Coral for the most part. At one point I was getting some strange looks cause I was walking around with my mom with the 5 smallest kids and off course I'm also pregnant. This one girl walked by and my mom and I could overhear her commenting on me with all "my" 5 little girls and there I was getting pregnant again. I thought it was pretty funny! Hey I would be really impressed with myself if I could have had 5 kids under the age of 5 and be ready to have another one:)
Here's some of the kids with Tillia riding the tea cups. At the end I almost got sick watching them go round and round so many times.
The whole day Miles was pumped to go on the train and he was excited the whole time we were on it. He even went up to the engineer at the end and asked him for a piece of coal. The engineer was really nice and gave all the kids a piece.
Coral is a piece of work for real and getting to be an even bigger handful then just a month ago. She is still so precious at times and those eyes just get me every time. Whenever we tell her no it just fuels her fire to do it even more. In the above picture she is so happy cause we had just told her not to hang on the chains and off course she is hanging on the chains. Heaven help me with her and the upcoming months.
Here is proof of Shelbie and her terrified face on one of the rides. She toughed it out though and is usually always a really good sport and she just goes with flow.
Totally best friends - Miles and Evelyn!

1 comment:

Becky Leland said...

Shelbie's face is priceless!!! It was even more so standing there watching her.

Great day!!!