Thursday, August 6, 2009

So good it should be a SIN!

OK, I don't know if we should even admit this but this is the second chocolate pound cake that we have made my mom make because the first one didn't even last a whole day. This is definitely the best cake I have ever tasted and it was really hard to pass by it in the kitchen and not want to open the lid and eat a bite. Lets just say that I didn't resist the urge to much.
One this second cake I decided to take a look at the recipe, not the best idea. I discovered 1/2 cup of shortening, which is just a nice name for pure lard, was one of the ingredients. Oh Dear, maybe that's why it was so good! Just looking at this picture makes me want another one but I think we better stop at two!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok- you tell your mama that I GOTTA have that recipe :)

Becky Leland said...

I'm going to make one more cake this week - getting off of sugar again. Soooooooooooooooooo DELICIOUS!!!!!