Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Beach Breakdown

This past weekend, or long weekend, I got to go to St. Augustine Beach with my kids, my sister and her kids, and our parents. We had a blast and it felt like we never stopped to rest. Below are a bunch of my favorite pictures to help illustrate our trip.
Here is my niece Leland. She is completely fearless and is always ready to do just about anything. When a lot of the kids wanted to stay in and rest she wanted to go back to the beach or the pool. I also love this girl, cause unlike my Shelbie, she's still always ready to give you a great "cheese" for the camera.
I captured this awesome picture of my nephew Coleman doing a cannon ball - Bombs Away! He had a blast at the beach and I think that he would have stayed out in the ocean all day long.
My niece Evelyn. It took her awhile to get the courage up to swim in the pool, but once she did she had a lot of fun.
Shelbie loves going swimming and she loves her arm floaties. I've actually found her putting them on and wearing them around the house, she really does crack me up.
Shelbie loved bowling and she loved the bowling shoes even more. She did a really good job bowling, with the bumpers up off course.
It was hard to get a good picture of Miles cause he was constantly moving, but here he is snorkeling around pulling a boat float behind him. He is always trying to rig something up.
Here is Miles out in the ocean catching some waves. Him and Coleman also had a great time on the boogie board, but I couldn't get a good picture with my camera cause they were moving so quickly. Coleman made the comment that it was like playing with another 9 year old in the ocean cause Miles is for one so big, but for two so fearless. The one thing that did get him to come in was when he'd get to much salt water in his eyes, he didn't like that!
Little Claire, my niece, giving her big eye squinted grin. I learned a lot of fun things about Claire these past few weeks and one thing that I didn't know before is that she is crazy hi per sometimes, it's pretty funny to watch.
Here's Coral crawling around and checking out the sand.
I love this picture of Coral. She's got a funny look on her face and you can probably tell that her lip is busted from a previous fall a couple of days pryer.
Coral and Big Daddy.
Coral and MaMa. MaMa was holding her in the pool and she quickly feel asleep, it was so precious.
Shelbie asked Big Daddy to make her a Mermaid and she layed in the sand perfectly still while she was covered up with sand up to her waist.

2 comments:

Tillia said...

it really was a blast!

Becky Leland said...

Stacie, I will 2nd that blast!!!