Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Family Bonding!

One of the reasons that I like having a boat is because there is something about being out on the water with family and friends that brings you closer together. Sometimes it's stressful or crowded or chaotic, but in the end it's always a great time and I love seeing my kids learn new things and grow as a person. I love that there's no TV, cell phone, or computer, just the wide open water and each other.

This past weekend we got to go out with my sister Tillia and her family out on the boat to try and get some more scallops. Below are a few pictures that will describe all the fun that we had.

I love this picture of our Coral Ann and her daddy. Grant loves to see his kids enjoy being out on the water and sharing in one of his loves with him.

Here's Tillia and her girls Leland, Claire, and Evelyn. Oops, I guess I put this picture on hear twice, but I can't figure out how to get it off. Sorry, but it is a cute picture. My neice Evelyn holding up the fish that Grant had caught. All of the kids loved checking out this fish.
I have to brag a little about our three year old Shelbie. I think that I've said before that she loves her snorkel and mask, but she truly amazes Grant and I at her snorkeling skills. She will swim around for up to 30 minutes, with her floaties off course, and snorkel around and never come up. Some times I will lift her up and ask her if she's ok and she will just look at me and shake her head yes mommy I'm great. Needless to say, Grant is proud.
Miles also amazed us when he grabbed this little fish with his hands and caught it. It was really cool and we we're impressed.


No comments: