This afternoon after school was Miles' school, P.K. Younge, fall carnival. I had volunteered to help out at his classes booth, the bean bag toss. Miles and Shelbie were the best helpers during my shift. They would give out bean bags, take tickets, retrieve bean bags, and even advertise. I told Miles that he should try and get people to come to our booth by yelling out, "bean bag toss, only 1 ticket, everyone's a winner!" He totally did just that and he was really good at it. After it was over he said to me, "Mommy was I a good helper? Did I do a great job?" Why yes you did Miles! I was impressed. Then we all agreed that it was really fun working together as a family.

Here's Miles getting some practice in while waiting for more customers.

As you could have guessed it Miles' favorite carnival ride was this make shift train. This was the first thing that he had to go on after our bean bag toss shift was over.

Shelbie's favorite was the big slide.

Go Miles! Note that he has on his P.K. Younge blue waves t-shirt that he loves. Grant went to this same school, 1st grade through 12th, and I always thought that it was corny for the mascot to be a blue wave, but here I am already yelling out, "Go blue waves!" School spirit might be cheesy but it's fun. I didn't take a picture of myself but I was also decked out in blue and white, school colors, for the carnival. One day I'm sure I'll embarrass my children, but for now I'm glad that they think I'm pretty cool!

There's our precious being an angel just hanging out in the stroller. Grant couldn't go to the carnival so I had to put Coral in the stroller and hope for the best. She did great! She loved people watching and would randomly crack up at funny things that she would see (she mostly laughs at Miles which he off course loves).
1 comment:
Stacie, I love these kids and miss them so much. I know I was just with them for 8 days - what can I say!
Love y'all
Post a Comment