Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pictures from The Keys.

Well we picked up the pictures from our Keys trip today at good ole Wal-mart and only a couple of them turned out. I posted the best ones below.
This is me holding the Mutton Snapper that Grant shot. This was taken in Key West on our last day and last hour of diving. We ended the day with me being a little freaked out with some aggressive barracudas and a couple sharks. Grant was very sympathetic to me and we got out of the water pretty quickly.
Here's Grant holding up the first lobster that we got. We only ended up catching two legal ones. We went to a couple spots that had dozens of lobster but they were all to small except for the two that we got. It was a lot of fun though to practice my lobster catching skills on the small ones and then just let them go. I had never done any free diving before this trip and I have to say that Grant was impressed at my skills:) I don't think he's ever been so proud of me, except when our three children were born. It was great to share an interest with him doing something that he loves so much.
Grant got a cool picture of this sea turtle.
Here's Grant downtown in Key West.
We thought that this little island was so cool that we had to take a picture. About half way across the seven mile bridge there was this island with a few houses and it's own dock. It also had access from an old rail road trail that I guess they can bike on or possibly ride a car going one way. The drive in The Keys was so beautiful and the company wasn't to bad either!

5 comments:

Edwin and Rebecca said...

It's so nice to get away with just your husband. The keys are beautiful. Glad you had a great trip.

Angela said...

Sounds like you had a great trip. You are way braver than me!! NO way would I be close to sharks!!

Becky Leland said...

Stacie, Glad you and Grant had a great trip to keys - beautiful. I won't comment on the barracudas and sharks - y'all do have 3 adorable, cute, and precious little children who love their Mommy and Daddy - get the message!

Love y'all

Tillia said...

Stacie I will have to say you are not to smart to tell good old becky about sharks and such, I mean really! I looks like you had a great time and I can't wait to see you at new years hint hint!!!!

Tillia said...

Stacie I will have to say you are not to smart to tell good old becky about sharks and such, I mean really! I looks like you had a great time and I can't wait to see you at new years hint hint!!!!