Saturday, October 4, 2008

Miles is Special!

Miles had a great week at school being "Special Person". He certainly ate it up and loved all the attention, but this is no surprise! On Friday Grant, Shelbie, Coral, and I got to go eat lunch with him and go back to his classroom for a special "Special Person" presentation. Miles wore his special person crown, used the special wand, had his class sing him a song about him being special, and his teacher helped him read a poster that his classmates had made for him. The poster had a quote from each child and teacher in his class specifically about Miles. Then he was presented a book with a drawing and writing from each of his classmates about him and what they liked about Miles. We then all went outside and ate Popsicles that I had brought for everyone. It was a big to do and Miles was smiling from ear to ear the whole time.
I have to mention that Shelbie was also just as excited as Miles to get to go to lunch with him and back to his classroom. She fit right in and Miles told all of his class that his sister was only 3 but that she wanted to be 5 (this is so true). I have to say that she behaved and walked in line and sat still while paying attention a whole lot better than most of the kids in his class. She pretty much threw a tantrum when we had to go. She really loves school and in her Joy school her teachers tell me that she's one of the only ones who always sits still and pays attention during circle time. Let's just say that this concept is very new to me cause I never got those comments about Miles in school. I sure hope she continues on this path!
For memory and journaling sake I'm going to list what the kids in Miles' class said:
Icel said, " I like to play with him."
Sebastian said, " He plays on the playground with me."
Catherine said, " He likes to read books."
Damien said, "He is good at everything."
JaNae said, "He took Spot home."
Portia said, "He is very nice to me."
Jiovanni said, " I like when he reads books with me."
Jamey said, " He likes kitties."
Travis said, " He likes to go to Disney World."
Gabrielle said, " I like him."
Christopher said, " I work out with him at P.E."
Carstyn said, " He likes picking apples."
Alyssa said, " He's good at spinning on one foot."
Emilie said, " He likes fishing."
Ethen said, "He likes Chicka Chicka Boom Boom." (this is a book they read at school)
Tabitha said, " He likes Christmas."
Ms. Stacy said, " I like learning with him."
Ms. Krank said, " He loves playing with marbles."

We thought that these were so cute coming from 5 and 6 year olds. When I put him to bed he said to me, "Mommy, I'm not going to be special person anymore." He was very sad, but I reassured him that he will always be special and now he can look forward to getting to know everyone else in his class because they are special to. So cute and sweet!

5 comments:

Becky Leland said...

Stacie, I LOVE this day at Miles' school. He IS special and soooo stinkin cute!

See ya in a few days

I love y'all

Becky Leland said...

Stacie, I just realized that Coral is standing up front with Miles. What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, Miles will ALWAYS be special! To us too! Let him know we think so also! What a fun week and day- full of good memories :)
Love ya'll-
Candy

The Nelson Family said...

What a great idea to do for kids! I bet Miles soaked up every second of it. I think I need a "Cami is special" day :) Maybe you could arrange it when I get home!

See you soon! I get home on Monday morning after an all night flight...

Tillia said...

Stacie, coral is so cute up there with him, and Miles ia smiling so big it looks like he might burst-so cute.
I bet he was soooo happy to be special, tell him aunt tt thinks he is special all the time!!