Thursday, October 2, 2008

We did it!

I labeled this post, "We did it!", because Miles has been asking Grant and I for a long time to take his training wheels off his bike and teach him how to ride his bike without them. Because of hot weather, and I won't lie down right laziness, we have put it off. Today was such a beautiful day that we finally did it and man was Miles ready. He was riding his bike all by himself within minutes. He even started to stop and start all on his own. He did fall a few times, but they were actually pretty graceful falls and he didn't get any real scraps or scratches (although I'm sure that those will come in time).
This picture is a little blurry, but it was the best I could get cause Miles was on the move all by himself, WAY TO GO BUDDY!
Shelbie, as always, had to get in on the action. She took over Miles' old bike and was so proud of herself. The training wheels on this bike are a little wobbly so she had a few falls, but in true tough fashion she shook it off and kept practicing. WAY TO GO Shelbie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome!! I get so excited watching the kids learn how to ride a "big" bike- I was holding my breath just reading about it :)! Way to go Miles, and looking good Shelbie!
Love ya'll-
Candy